Tuesday, May 26, 2009

When it rains...

sprint-lg-rumor-green

This afternoon I went to my house to take pictures so that I can finally post my house for rent on Craigslist (apparently it's a great place for that!). On my way back to my parents' house, I heard a notification on my phone telling me that I had a text message. I couldn't find the phone in my seat or purse, so I figured it had fallen under the seat. The next time I pulled up to a red light, I reached over to the passenger seat and pulled it as close to the front of the car as it would go. The light turned green before I could look thoroughly, but I didn't think it was there. So I arrived at my parents' house and heard the "power up" music on my phone. Uh-oh... I know what that means. That means my phone is broken and the screen is busted. And it also means I know exactly where it is and exactly what happened. I looked behind the passenger seat and sure enough, it was wedged between the chair and the track, so when I scooted the seat up, I busted it.

I cried. (Big surprise)

I went inside, defeated, and explained what happened to my mom. She so generously offered to take me immediately to the Sprint store to get it replaced. This happened once last year and the replacement was only $50. Well, apparently times have changed because they charged double that to replace the phone. I told them I didn't care if they didn't have the green one in stock, I would take whatever color they had (only because I need to have access to my phone a.s.a.p.) so they gave me a white one.

sprint-lg-rumor-white-silver

I'm so thankful for it, but I really miss my pretty green phone. :-/

1 comment:

  1. Gee - that sounds like something I would do - smash the phone while trying to locate it! I am glad you got the new phone - even if it isn't green! Your Mom rocks!

    ReplyDelete