Monday, January 10, 2011

My new year's resolution should have been...

I made a few resolutions and goals for the year. I'm not too strict on myself with these things because I know every day is a new start, I don't need to change calendars to feel like I get a "do over." Well, one that didn't make the cut is to finish projects that I start.

I love to do crafty things and I am probably the most motivated craft starter that I know. Craft finisher? Different story. The truth is, it's a hereditary problem I inherited from my mom. Growing up, I thought it was normal to have material cut into pieces from a pattern with the pattern piece pinned to it long after you outgrew the size it was cut. haha Okay, so maybe I knew it was procrastination, but the truth is that I have a few patterns cut out myself, just waiting to be sewn... half-done scrapbook pages... half-done knitted projects... crocheted flowers with nothing to add them to... material waiting to be flowered headbands... the list goes on!

Among the projects I love to do is embroidering cards. It's great fun, but I have made the bad habit of waiting to send out notes until I have embroidered an appropriate card. Knowing myself and my procrastination habits means that I have a list of encouragement cards and thank you notes that have been waiting for me to make cards. What is it about me that won't use a pre-made card? I mean, really? One of the notes I'm waiting to send is a male friend that opened his home when a friend and I needed it. It's a guy, is he really going to care whether it's an embroidered card or not? LOL

It's like I'm an over-achiever and also a procrastinator. That is such an unfortunate combo!

No comments:

Post a Comment